The first round of the Two Week Film Collective is finished and it looks like we'll do another round in the Fall. The following three feature films were made in two weeks (and you can watch The Dabbler and The Original Soundtrack online for free by clicking their links):
- @thraveboy - "The Dabbler, The Dreamer, and the Man Who Broke The World"
- @britmic - "The Original Soundtrack"
- @lmcnelly - "blanc de blancs"
Please watch and review the films (we'll post links to review here). Here are a list of reviews so far:
- "The Dabbler..." Review by Kevin R. Wright
- "The Original Soundtrack" Review by Reid Gershbein
- "The Dabbler..." Review by Mike Peter Reed
- "The Dabbler..." Review by Angelo Bell
- "The Dabbler..." Review from The Chutry Experiment
- "The Dabbler.." & "The Original Soundtrack" Reviews on MakingTheMovie.Info
Here are the guidelines of the Two Week Film Collective (#2wkfilm):
- Make a feature film (60+ mins) in two weeks (first day of shooting to final cut).
- Anyone can join in.
- Follow the discussion using twitter tag #2wkfilm
- Let us know if you want to be on the list of filmmakers via twitter @thraveboy
Also, it looks like films of the first round will be screened in San Francisco, London, Austin, Pittsburgh, Portsmouth, and Taiwan. (let us know if you can arrange screenings in other cities too).
All films are created within a context so the #2wkfilm collective also includes film critics, reviewers, filmmakers, and film lovers. Participation will include posting reviews of the films and online roundtable discussions on different aspects of independent filmmaking. (If you are interested in participating in future roundtable discussions, or have ideas for topics of discussion, then please let us know via twitter @thraveboy).
Articles about #2wkfilm:
- Film/Media Professor Chuck Tryon's Article
- Film by Award Winner Lucas McNelly
- Mike Peter Reed's Take on #2wkfilm
- Pr Leap Article
- Making the Movie Article
- The House Next Door
- Cyber Screenwriter